Children who have a school dinner will be served a two course lunch.
There is a vegetarian and halal choice offered daily.
Menus are available below.
The menu changes twice a year.
Children come into the dinner hall and sit at their table and are expected to spend at least 15 minutes eating before they are dismissed, by an adult, to the playground. This has encouraged enjoyable mealtimes where children do not rush their dinners.
Parents should ensure that packed lunches are balanced and healthy and conform to the school's packed lunch policy. Children who take packed lunch follow the same rules for the dinner hall.
Free School Meals
Is your child entitled to free school meals? If so, they qualify for Pupil Premium which is additional funding the school receive to spend on YOUR CHILD. (£1,320) This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed below.
Children entitled to free school meals may then receive:
- one free club, including 1 music lesson (as well as priority booking);
- free or subsidised school trips (including Bushcraft and the Y6 France trip);
- free school meals;
- booster lessons;
- interventions and group teaching which allow us to reduce class sizes;
- additional resources;
- additional learning support in a number of areas.
Your child might be eligible for Pupil Premium if you currently receive one of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400);
- Income Support;
- Income - based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income - related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit.
Does my child have to eat the free school meals?
No. Pupils who are registered for free school meals don’t have to eat them. If you are eligible but you want your child to have a packed lunch you should still register because of the other benefits to your child and the school.
How do I register?
Ask the school office for a form. We will send this to Lambeth Council who will contact the school with the outcome of the application. If you are unsure, please do ask a member of the office staff who will be more than happy to help you.
Since Sept. 2014, all Reception, Y1 and Y2 children have qualified for free school meals, regardless of family income. But some of these children are also entitled to pupil premium and the huge benefits this brings. It is really important that we access the funding your child is entitled to