- Information for Parents>
- Speech, Language and Communication>
- How we support you as the Parent/Carer>
Visuals are an important part of how Crown Lane supports all children within the school. There are a variety of visuals used throughout the school which help the children to:
- understand what they are being asked to do
- give a clear context to their learning
- understand the structure and routine of their day
- be independent and confident
- interact with others in a positive way
The National Autistic Society has some great ideas about how visuals can be used with children and adults with Autism. These visuals are just as important for all children to help support their confidence in understanding and using language in their daily life.
Below are some visuals that can be used on a daily basis. Please do ask the Communication Team if you would like any further guidance on how best to use any of the visuals.